Monday, October 20, 2008

Less is more.

Less words to be said.

No more gossip. I know I've been at fault many times of not stopping people from sharing (too much). Then the times of sharing turns into gossip and gossip is horribly horrible. I believe sharing is grand only when there's an action attached behind it. And that action is NOT spreading the information to others... But to lift the person sharing or what was shared bout in prayer. So many times (esp girls) get caught up in the area of "sharing" that it turns into gossip rather than becoming times of true edification and prayer. Help me guard my heart... If my heart isn't there (or we aren't gonna pray for em) then please don't share what's going on in their life or your life with me. I'll only be quick to judge.

Proverbs 18:8.
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.

Ephesians 4:29.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Proverbs 14:23.
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

No comments: