Friday, January 23, 2009

Isaiah 66:2.

All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,
declares the LORD. But this is the
one to whom I will look: he who is
humble and contrite in spirit and
trembles at my word.

-----------

Pride is like an annoying butt itch. It creeps up on you at the most inconvenient of times. Cause who in the world wants to scratch their butt. (If you do. I'm sorry for offending you.) But I def don't find it enjoyable to be scratching the itch on my butt.

I guess I'm writing bout my pride at 12:19am in the morning because of the conversation I just had with someone. God is always good at placing me in situations that causes me to humble myself. I was online talking to a pastor friend from back home and we don't talk often or rather at all and he asked how I've been doing spiritually these days and the first thought that crossed my mind was, "oh no." But then I had to quickly remind myself its not bout boasting and had to keep deleting and rewriting inside the conversation box because of my darn pride wanting to write something irrelevant to just make me feel superior. It's stupid and silly. Yet it's like a butt itch. You really want to scratch it but it's at the most inconvenient of times.

I'm constantly in need to be reminded of who I am and who God is. That I'm brought low so that I may be able to see the, "One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit" (Isaiah 57:15)

No comments: